단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

+크게 -작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄

고난과 고통의 목적

- 김영균 목사 -

본문 - 벧전4:12~16
12사랑하는 자들아, 너희를 단련하려고 오는 불 같은 시련에 관하여는 마치 이상한 일이 너희에게 일어난 것 같이 이상히 여기지 말고
12Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
13오히려 너희가 그리스도의 고난에 참여하는 자가 되었으므로 기뻐하라. 이것은 그분의 영광이 드러날 때에 너희가 넘치는 기쁨으로 또한 즐거워하게 하려 함이니라.
13But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
14너희가 그리스도의 이름으로 인해 비방을 받으면 행복한 자로다. 영광의 영 곧 [하나님]의 영께서 너희 위에 머물러 계시느니라. 그분께서 그들 편에서는 비방을 받으시나 너희 편에서는 영광을 받으시느니라.
14If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy [are ye]; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
15그러나 너희 중에 아무도 살인자나 도둑이나 악을 행하는 자나 남의 일에 참견하는 자로 고난을 받지 말라.
15But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or [as] a thief, or [as] an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
16그럼에도 어떤 사람이 그리스도인으로 고난을 받으면 그는 부끄러워하지 말고 도리어 이 일로 인해 [하나님]께 영광을 돌리라.
16Yet if [any man suffer] as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

죄로 말미암아 타락한 악한 현 세상(갈1:4)에 태어난 인간은 고통을 당하기 마련입니다(욥5:7, 14:1).

갈1:4
그분께서 [하나님] 곧 우리 [아버지]의 뜻에 따라 이 악한 현 세상에서 우리를 건지시려고 우리의 죄들로 인하여 자신을 주셨으니
4Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:

욥5:7
7불티가 위로 날아가는 것 같이 사람은 고생하려고 태어나느니라.
7Yet man is born unto trouble, as the sparks fly upward.

14:1
14그들이 낮에 어둠을 만나고 대낮에도 밤처럼 더듬느니라.
14They meet with darkness in the daytime, and grope in the noonday as in the night.

구원받은 그리스도 역시 예외는 아닙니다(요16:33). 구원의 여부와 상관없이 죄에는 고통이 따릅니다(갈6:7, 벧전2:20).

요16:33
33너희에게 이 일들을 말한 것은 너희가 내 안에서 평안을 누리게 하려 함이니라. 세상에서는 너희가 환난을 당할 터이나 기운을 내라. 내가 세상을 이기었노라, 하시니라.
33These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

벧전2:20

20너희가 너희 잘못으로 인하여 매를 맞고 참으면 그것이 무슨 영광이냐? 그러나 너희가 잘 행하고도 그것으로 인해 고난을 당하고 끈기 있게 그것을 견디면 이것은 [하나님]께서 받으실 만한 것이니라.

20For what glory [is it], if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer [for it], ye take it patiently, this [is] acceptable with God.

그러나 그리스도인의 고난에는 중요한 목적이 있습니다. 잊지 마십시오. 고통 없는 기독교는 성경적인 기독교가 아닙니다(행14:22).

행14:22
22제자들의 혼을 굳건하게 하며 그들을 권면하여 믿음 안에 거하게 하고 또 우리가 반드시 많은 환난을 거쳐 [하나님]의 왕국에 들어가야 하리라 하더라.
22Confirming the souls of the disciples, [and] exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

1. 다른 사람들에게 동정심을 갖게 하고 올바르게 섬기게 하기 위해
 ① 고후1:1-4
1[하나님]의 뜻으로 말미암아 예수 그리스도의 사도가 된 바울과 우리 형제 디모데는 고린도에 있는 [하나님]의 교회와 온 아가야에 있는 모든 성도들에게 편지하노니
1Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy [our] brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:
2[하나님] 우리 [아버지]와 [주] 예수 그리스도로부터 은혜와 평강이 너희에게 있기를 원하노라.
2Grace [be] to you and peace from God our Father, and [from] the Lord Jesus Christ.
3[하나님]을 찬송하리로다. 그분은 곧 우리 [주] 예수 그리스도의 [아버지]시요 긍휼의 [아버지]시며 모든 위로의 [하나님]이시니라.
3Blessed [be] God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;
4그분께서 우리의 모든 환난 중에서 우리를 위로하심은 우리 자신이 [하나님]께 위로 받을 때 얻는 위로를 힘입어 우리가 어떤 고난 중에 있는 자들도 능히 위로하게 하려 하심이라.
4Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.

② 갈:6:7
7속지 말라. [하나님]은 조롱당하지 아니하시나니 사람이 무엇을 심든지 또한 그것을 거두리라.
7Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

2. 겸손하게 하기 위해
 ① 벧전4:1~3
1그러므로 그리스도께서 우리를 위해 육체 안에서 고난을 당하셨은즉 그와 같이 너희도 같은 생각으로 무장하라. 육체 안에서 고난을 당한 자는 이미 죄를 그쳤나니
1Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
2그런즉 그는 육체 안에서 남은 때를 더 이상 사람들의 정욕에 따라 살지 아니하고 오직 [하나님]의 뜻에 따라 살아야 하리라.
2That he no longer should live the rest of [his] time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
3우리가 색욕과 정욕과 과음과 환락과 연회와 가증한 우상 숭배 속에서 걸어 이방인들이 하고자 하는 바를 행한 것이 우리 삶의 지나간 때로 우리에게 족하도다.
3For the time past of [our] life may suffice us to have wrought the will of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries:

② 고후12:7
계시들이 넘침으로 말미암아 내가 분량 이상으로 높여지지 않게 하시려고 주께서 내게 육체 안에 가시 곧 사탄의 사자를 주사 나를 치게 하셨으니 이것은 내가 분량 이상으로 높여지지 않게 하려 하심이라.
7And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

③ 신32:15
15¶ 그러나 여수룬이 기름지게 되매 발로 찼도다. 네가 기름지고 비대하고 기름으로 덮이매 그때에 그가 자기를 만드신 [하나님]을 버리고 자기의 구원의 [반석]을 소홀히 여겼도다.
15But Jeshurun waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered [with fatness]; then he forsook God [which] made him, and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation.

④ 고전10:23
23모든 것이 나를 위해 적법하나 모든 것이 적절하지는 아니하며 모든 것이 나를 위해 적법하나 모든 것이 세워 주지는 아니하나니
23All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.

⑤ 아8:6
6¶ 나를 도장같이 네 마음에 새기고 도장같이 네 팔에 새기라. 사랑은 죽음같이 강하고 질투는 무덤같이 잔인하니 그것의 숯은 극히 맹렬한 불꽃을 지닌 불붙은 숯이니라.
6Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love [is] strong as death; jealousy [is] cruel as the grave: the coals thereof [are] coals of fire, [which hath] a most vehement flame.

3. 하나님의 은혜가 충분함을 입증하기 위해
 ① 고후12:8~10
8내가 이 일로 인하여 그것이 내게서 떠나가도록 [주]께 세 번 간청하였더니
8For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.
9그분께서 내게 이르시되, 내 은혜가 네게 족하도다. 나의 강한 능력은 약한 데서 완전해지느니라, 하셨느니라. 그러므로 내가 오히려 크게 기뻐하며 나의 연약한 것들을 자랑하리니 이것은 그리스도의 권능이 내 위에 머무르게 하려 함이라.
9And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10그러므로 내가 그리스도로 인하여 연약한 것들과 치욕과 궁핍과 핍박과 고난당하는 것을 기뻐하노니 내가 약할 그때에 내가 강하니라.
10Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

② 빌4:13
13나를 강하게 하시는 그리스도를 통해 내가 모든 것을 할 수 있느니라.
13I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

③ 고후1:8~10
8형제들아, 아시아에서 우리에게 닥친 우리의 고난에 대하여 너희가 모르기를 우리가 원치 아니하노라. 우리가 힘에 겹도록 한량없이 눌려 심지어 생명까지도 단념하고
8For we would not, brethren, have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure, above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life:
9우리 속에 죽음의 선고를 받았으니 이것은 우리가 우리 자신을 신뢰하지 아니하고 죽은 자들을 일으키시는 [하나님]을 신뢰하게 하려 함이라.
9But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead:
10그분께서 이같이 큰 사망에서 우리를 건지셨고 건지고 계시며 또 여전히 건지시리니 우리는 그분을 신뢰하노라.
10Who delivered us from so great a death, and doth deliver: in whom we trust that he will yet deliver [us];

4. 영적 성숙을 위해
 ① 롬5:3~5
3그리할 뿐 아니라 우리가 환난도 기뻐하나니 환난은 인내를,
3And not only [so], but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;
4인내는 체험을, 체험은 소망을 이루는 줄 우리가 아노라.
4And patience, experience; and experience, hope:
5소망이 우리를 부끄럽게 하지 아니함은 우리에게 주신 [성령님]에 의하여 [하나님]의 사랑이 우리 마음에 넓게 부어졌기 때문이니
5And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.

② 히12
1그러므로 증인들이 이렇게 큰 구름을 이루며 또한 우리를 둘러싸고 있으니 모든 무거운 것과 너무 쉽게 우리를 얽어매는 죄를 우리가 떨쳐 버리고 인내로 우리 앞에 놓인 경주를 달리며
1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset [us], and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2우리의 믿음의 창시자요 또 완성자이신 예수님을 바라보자. 그분께서는 자기 앞에 놓인 기쁨으로 인해 십자가를 견디사 그 수치를 멸시하시더니 이제 [하나님]의 왕좌 오른편에 앉으셨느니라.
2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3죄인들이 자기를 대적하여 이처럼 거역한 것을 견디어 내신 분을 깊이 생각할지니 이것은 너희가 너희 생각 속에서 지치고 기진하지 아니하게 하려 함이라.
3For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
4너희가 죄와 싸우되 아직 피 흘리기까지 대항하지는 아니하였노라.
4Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
5또한 자식들에게 하듯 너희에게 말씀하시는 권면을 너희가 잊었도다. 이르시되, 내 아들아, 너는 [주]의 징계를 멸시하지 말며 그분께 책망 받을 때에 낙심하지 말라.
5And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
6[주]께서 사랑하는 자를 친히 징계하시고 자신이 받아들이는 아들마다 채찍질하시느니라, 하셨느니라.
6For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
7너희가 징계를 견디어 내면 [하나님]께서 아들들을 대우하듯 너희를 대우하시나니 아버지가 징계하지 않는 자가 무슨 아들이냐?
7If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
8모든 사람이 징계를 받으므로 너희에게 징계가 없으면 너희가 사생아요 아들이 아니니라.
8But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.
9또한 우리에게 있던 우리 육체의 아버지들이 우리를 바로잡아도 우리가 그들을 공경하였거늘 하물며 영들의 [아버지]께 우리가 더욱 복종하고 이로써 살아야 하지 아니하겠느냐?
9Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected [us], and we gave [them] reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
10진실로 그들은 며칠 동안 자기들이 기뻐하는 대로 우리를 징계하였거니와 그분께서는 우리의 유익을 위해 하시나니 이것은 우리가 자신의 거룩함에 참여하는 자가 되게 하려 하심이라.
10For they verily for a few days chastened [us] after their own pleasure; but he for [our] profit, that [we] might be partakers of his holiness.
11이제 어떤 징계도 그 당시에는 기쁘게 보이지 아니하고 슬프게 보이나 그럼에도 불구하고 나중에는 그것으로 말미암아 단련된 자들에게 그것이 의의 화평의 열매를 맺느니라.
11Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.
12그러므로 늘어진 손과 연약한 무릎을 일으켜 세우고
12Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
13너희 발을 위해 곧은 행로들을 만들지니 이것은 저는 것이 길에서 벗어나지 아니하고 고침을 받게 하려 함이라.
13And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.
14모든 사람과 더불어 화평과 거룩함을 따르라. 그것들이 없이는 아무도 [주]를 보지 못하리라.
14Follow peace with all [men], and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
15부지런히 살펴 [하나님]의 은혜에 이르지 못하는 자가 없게 하고 쓴 뿌리가 돋아나 너희를 괴롭게 하거나 그것으로 말미암아 많은 사람이 더럽게 되지 않도록 할지니
15Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble [you], and thereby many be defiled;
16이것은 음행하는 자나 혹은 먹을 것 한 조각을 위해 자기의 장자권을 판 에서와 같이 속된 자가 있지 아니하게 하려 함이라.
16Lest there [be] any fornicator, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsel of meat sold his birthright.
17너희가 아는 바와 같이 그 뒤에 그가 복을 상속받고자 하였으되 거절당하였으니 그가 눈물을 흘리고 염려하며 뜻을 돌릴 곳을 구하였으나 그것을 찾지 못하였느니라.
17For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with tears.
18너희는 만질 수 있는 산과 불이 붙은 산에 이르지 아니하였고 캄캄함과 어둠과 폭풍과
18For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,
19나팔 소리와 말씀들의 음성에 이르지도 아니하였느니라. 그 음성을 들은 자들은 더 이상 자기들에게 말씀하지 마시기를 간청하였으니
19And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words; which [voice] they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:
20(그들은 주께서 명령하신 것 즉, 짐승 하나라도 그 산에 닿으면 돌로 맞거나 화살로 꿰뚫리리라, 하신 것을 견디지 못하였느니라.
20(For they could not endure that which was commanded, And if so much as a beast touch the mountain, it shall be stoned, or thrust through with a dart:
21그 광경이 이같이 무서웠으므로 모세도 이르되, 내가 심히 두렵고 떨린다, 하였느니라.)
21And so terrible was the sight, [that] Moses said, I exceedingly fear and quake:)
22그러나 너희는 시온 산과 살아 계신 [하나님]의 도시 곧 하늘에 있는 예루살렘과 무수한 천사들의 무리와
22But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
23총회와 하늘에 기록된 처음 난 자들의 교회와 모든 것의 [심판자] 되시는 [하나님]과 완전하게 된 의인들의 영들과
23To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
24새 언약의 중재자이신 예수님과 아벨의 피보다 더 나은 것들을 말하는 피 곧 뿌리는 피에 이르렀느니라.
24And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than [that of] Abel.
25너희는 조심하여 말씀하시는 분을 거역하지 말라. 땅에서 말한 자를 거역한 그들이 피하지 못하였거든 우리가 하늘로부터 말씀하시는 분에게서 돌아선다면 더더욱 피하지 못하리로다.
25See that ye refuse not him that speaketh. For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more [shall not] we [escape], if we turn away from him that [speaketh] from heaven:
26그때에는 그분의 음성이 땅을 흔들었거니와 이제는 그분께서 약속하여 이르시되, 내가 또 땅뿐만 아니라 하늘도 아직 한 번 더 흔드노라, 하셨느니라.
26Whose voice then shook the earth: but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth only, but also heaven.
27또, 아직 한 번 더, 라는 이 말씀은 흔들릴 수 없는 그것들을 남아 있게 하시려고 만드신 것들 중에서 흔들리는 그것들을 제거하심을 표적으로 보여 주나니
27And this [word], Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.
28그러므로 우리가 움직일 수 없는 왕국을 받을진대 은혜를 소유하자. 이 은혜를 힘입어 우리가 공경하는 마음과 하나님께 속한 두려움을 가지고 받으실 만하게 [하나님]을 섬길지니
28Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear:
29우리 [하나님]은 소멸시키는 불이시니라.
29For our God [is] a consuming fire.

5. 우리가 행복해지도록  하기 위해
 ① 벧전3:14
14그러나 너희가 의로 인하여 고난을 당하면 행복한 자니 그들이 두렵게 하는 것을 무서워하지 말고 불안해하지도 말며
14But and if ye suffer for righteousness' sake, happy [are ye]: and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled;

② 벧전4:12~16
12사랑하는 자들아, 너희를 단련하려고 오는 불 같은 시련에 관하여는 마치 이상한 일이 너희에게 일어난 것 같이 이상히 여기지 말고
12Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
13오히려 너희가 그리스도의 고난에 참여하는 자가 되었으므로 기뻐하라. 이것은 그분의 영광이 드러날 때에 너희가 넘치는 기쁨으로 또한 즐거워하게 하려 함이니라.
13But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.
14너희가 그리스도의 이름으로 인해 비방을 받으면 행복한 자로다. 영광의 영 곧 [하나님]의 영께서 너희 위에 머물러 계시느니라. 그분께서 그들 편에서는 비방을 받으시나 너희 편에서는 영광을 받으시느니라.
14If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy [are ye]; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.
15그러나 너희 중에 아무도 살인자나 도둑이나 악을 행하는 자나 남의 일에 참견하는 자로 고난을 받지 말라.
15But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or [as] a thief, or [as] an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters.
16그럼에도 어떤 사람이 그리스도인으로 고난을 받으면 그는 부끄러워하지 말고 도리어 이 일로 인해 [하나님]께 영광을 돌리라.
16Yet if [any man suffer] as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.

List of Articles
번호 분류 제목 글쓴이 날짜 조회 수
» 양육 고난과 고통의 목적 김수광 03.15 113
117 양육 지금은 어떤 때인가 김수광 03.08 78
116 양육 성경이 제시하는 해결책 김수광 02.23 79
115 양육 영적 성장의 비결  김수광 02.16 132
114 양육 “나는 너희가 이것을 모르기를 원치 아니하... 김수광 01.26 127
113 양육 이상적인 성도 김수광 01.19 107
112 양육 완전함으로 나아가자 김수광 01.12 101
111 양육 깨어 있으라 김수광 12.15 99
110 양육 왜, 예수님이어야 하는가 김수광 11.03 154
109 양육 교회생활 지침  김수광 08.19 118