참다운 그리스도인이 되기 위한 첫 출발은 무엇일까요.
자신이 누구인가를 아는 것입니다. 

영적성장을 하기 위한 첫 전환기는 언제입니까.
자신이 누구인가를 깨닫는 때입니다. 

'내가 누구이기에...'

이런 실존적 자각이 있어야 진정한 신앙생활이 가능합니다.
시 8:3, 4
3 주의 하늘들 곧 주의 손가락으로 지으신 작품과 주께서 정하신 달과 별들을 내가 깊이 생각하오니
When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
4 사람이 무엇이기에 주께서 그를 생각 속에 깊이 두시나이까? 사람의 아들이 무엇이기에 주께서 그를 찾아오시나이까?
What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

시편 기자는 우리 사람이 "최선의 상태에서도 헛될 뿐"이라고 고백합니다.
시 39:5 보소서, 주께서 내 날들을 한 뼘만큼 되게 하셨사오니 내 시대가 주 앞에는 없는 것 같사오며 참으로 모든 사람은 최선의 상태에서도 전적으로 헛될 뿐이니이다. 셀라.

Behold, thou hast made my days as an handbreadth; and mine age is as nothing before thee: verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity. Selah.

말씀 앞에 우리 자신을 비춰 보겠습니다.

1. (아브라함) "티끌과 재에 불과"
 창 18:23~27
 23 아브라함이 가까이 가서 아뢰되, 주께서 의로운 자들을 사악한 자들과 함께 멸하려 하시나이까? 

And Abraham drew near, and said, Wilt thou also destroy the righteous with the wicked?
 24 혹시 그 도시 안에 쉰 명의 의로운 자들이 있을지라도 주께서 그곳을 멸하시고 그 안에 있는 쉰 명의 의로운 자들로 인하여 용서하지 아니하시려나이까?
 Peradventure there be fifty righteous within the city: wilt thou also destroy and not spare the place for the fifty righteous that are therein?
 25 주께서 이런 식으로 행하여 의로운 자들을 사악한 자들과 함께 죽이시는 것은 결코 있을 수 없으며 의로운 자들을 사악한 자들처럼 여기시는 것도 결코 있을 수 없나이다. 온 땅의 심판자께서 의롭게 행하여야 하지 아니하리이까? 하매

That be far from thee to do after this manner, to slay the righteous with the wicked: and that the righteous should be as the wicked, that be far from thee: Shall not the Judge of all the earth do right?
26 주께서 이르시되, 내가 만일 소돔에서 즉 그 도시 안에서 쉰 명의 의로운 자들을 찾으면 그들로 인하여 온 지역을 용서하리라, 하시니라.
And the LORD said, If I find in Sodom fifty righteous within the city, then I will spare all the place for their sakes.
27 아브라함이 응답하여 이르되, 이제 보소서, 티끌과 재 같은 내가 감히 주께 아뢰나이다.
And Abraham answered and said, Behold now, I have taken upon me to speak unto the Lord, which am but dust and ashes:

2. (모세) "할례받지 않은 입술을 가진 자"
 출 6:9~12
 9  모세가 이같이 이스라엘 자손에게 말하였으나 영의 고통과 잔인한 속박으로 인하여 그들이 모세의 말에 귀를 기울이지 아니하였더라.
 And Moses spake so unto the children of Israel: but they hearkened not unto Moses for anguish of spirit, and for cruel bondage.
 10 주께서 모세에게 말씀하여 이르시되,
 And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
 11 들어가서 이집트 왕 파라오에게 말하여 그가 이스라엘 자손을 그의 땅에서 내보내어 가게 하라, 하시니
 Go in, speak unto Pharaoh king of Egypt, that he let the children of Israel go out of his land.
 12 모세가 주 앞에서 아뢰어 이르되, 보소서, 이스라엘 자손도 내 말에 귀를 기울이지 아니하였는데 어찌 파라오가 내 말을 들으리이까? 나는 할례 받지 않은 입술을 가진 자니이다, 하매
 And Moses spake before the LORD, saying, Behold, the children of Israel have not hearkened unto me; how then shall Pharaoh hear me, who am of uncircumcised lips?

3. (이사야) "입술이 부정한 자"
 사 6:1~5
 1 웃시야 왕이 죽던 해에 또한 내가 보니 주께서 높이 들린 왕좌에 앉으셨는데 그분의 옷자락은 성전에 가득하고
 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.
 2 그것 위에는 스랍들이 저마다 여섯 날개를 가진 채 서 있더라. 그가 두 날개로는 자기 얼굴을 가리고 두 날개로는 자기 발을 가리며 두 날개로는 날더라.
 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.
 3 하나가 다른 하나에게 외쳐 이르되, 거룩하다, 거룩하다, 거룩하다, 만군의 주여, 그분의 영광이 온 땅에 충만하도다, 하더라.
And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the LORD of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.
 4 그 외치는 자의 음성으로 인해 문기둥들이 흔들리며 그 집이 연기로 가득하더라.
And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.
 5 그때에 내가 이르기를, 내게 화가 있도다! 내가 망하게 되었도다. 나는 입술이 부정한 사람이요, 또 입술이 부정한 백성의 한가운데 거하거니와 내 눈이 왕 곧 만군의 주를 보았도다, 하매
Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.

·육은 무기력합니다. 육은 아무것도 유익하게 하지 못합니다.
 요 6:63
 살리는 것은 영이며 육은 아무것도 유익하게 하지 못하느니라. 내가 너희에게 이르는 말들은 곧 영이요 생명이니라.
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

·깨끗하게 하면 주인이 쓰실 수 있습니다.
 딤후 2:20 ~23
 20 그러나 큰 집에는 금 그릇과 은그릇뿐 아니라 나무 그릇과 질그릇도 있어 어떤 것들은 존귀에 이르고 어떤 것들은 수치에 이르나니
 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
 21 그러므로 사람이 이런 것들로부터 자기를 깨끗하게 하면 존귀에 이르는 그릇 곧 거룩히 구별되어 주인이 쓰기에 합당하며 모든 선한 일에 예비된 그릇이 되리라.
If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
 22 또한 청년의 정욕을 피하고 오직 순수한 마음으로 주를 부르는 자들과 함께 의와 믿음과 사랑과 화평을 따르라.

Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
 23 그러나 어리석고 무식한 논쟁들을 피하라. 네가 알거니와 그것들은 다툼을 일으키느니라.

But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

4. (베드로) "죄 많은 사람"
 눅 5:4~8
 4 이제 말씀을 그치시고 시몬에게 이르시되, 깊은 데로 가서 너희 그물들을 내려 한 번 끌어당기라, 하시매
Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught.
 5 시몬이 응답하여 그분께 이르되, 선생님이여, 우리가 밤새도록 수고하였어도 아무것도 잡지 못하였으나 그럼에도 불구하고 선생님의 말씀에 따라 내가 그물을 내리리이다, 하고
And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.
 6 그들이 이 일을 행하니 심히 많은 물고기가 잡혀 그들의 그물이 찢어지니라.
And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.
 7 그들이 다른 배에 있던 동료들에게 손짓하여 그들이 와서 자기들을 도와주기를 바라니 그들이 와서 두 배에 채우매 배들이 가라앉으려 하더라.
And they beckoned unto their partners, which were in the other ship, that they should come and help them. And they came, and filled both the ships, so that they began to sink.
 8 시몬 베드로가 그것을 보고 예수님의 무릎 앞에 엎드려 이르되, 오 주여, 내게서 떠나소서. 나는 죄 많은 사람이니이다, 하니
When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord.

5. (바울) "비참한 사람"
 롬 7:24
 24 오 나는 비참한 사람이로다! 이 사망의 몸에서 누가 나를 건져 내랴?
 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

6. (바울) "죄인들 중에 우두머리" 
 딤전 1:15
 15 이것은 신실한 말이요 온전히 받아들이기에 합당한 말이니 곧 그리스도 예수님께서 죄인들을 구원하시려고 세상에 오셨다는 말이로다. 죄인들 중에 내가 우두머리니라.
 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

7. (욥) "몹시 싫어하고 티끌과 재 속에서 회개해야 할 대상"
 욥 42:3, 6

3 지식도 없이 이치를 가리는 자가 누구니이까? 그런즉 내가 깨닫지 못한 것을 말하였으며 내게는 너무 놀라운 일들 곧 내가 알지 못한 일들을 말하였나이다.
Who is he that hideth counsel without knowledge? therefore have I uttered that I understood not; things too wonderful for me, which I knew not.

6 그러므로 내가 내 자신을 몹시 싫어하고 티끌과 재 속에서 회개하나이다, 하니라.
Wherefore I abhor myself, and repent in dust and ashes.

·욥은 하나님 앞에서 사람으로서는 거의 최선의 상태에 있었다고 할 수 있었으나 고난을 당했습니다.
 욥 1:1
 우스 땅에 욥이라는 이름의 한 사람이 있었는데 그 사람은 완전하고 곧바르며 하나님을 두려워하고 악을 멀리하는 자더라.

There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil.

·욥조차 자신의 의를 높이는 잘못을 범했습니다. 
 욥 31:1~32:1
 1 내가 내 눈과 언약을 맺었거늘 어찌하여 처녀를 생각하랴?

I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?
 2 위에서 내려오는 하나님의 몫이 무엇이겠느냐? 높은 곳에서 내려오는 전능자의 상속 재산이 무엇이겠느냐?

For what portion of God is there from above? and what inheritance of the Almighty from on high?
 3 사악한 자들에게는 멸망이 아니겠느냐? 불법을 행하는 자들에게는 색다른 형벌이 아니겠느냐?

Is not destruction to the wicked? and a strange punishment to the workers of iniquity?
 4 그분께서 내 길들을 보시며 내 모든 걸음을 세지 아니하시느냐?

Doth not he see my ways, and count all my steps?
 5 만일 내가 헛된 것과 함께 걸었거나 내 발이 빨리 속임수로 치달았다면

If I have walked with vanity, or if my foot hath hasted to deceit;
 6 하나님께서 나를 공평한 저울에 달아 나의 순전함을 아시기를 원하노라.

Let me be weighed in an even balance, that God may know mine integrity.
 7 만일 내 걸음이 길에서 벗어났고 내 마음이 내 눈을 따라갔거나 내 손에 더러운 것이 묻었다면

If my step hath turned out of the way, and mine heart walked after mine eyes, and if any blot hath cleaved to mine hands;
 8 내가 심되 다른 사람이 먹으며 참으로 내 후손이 뿌리째 뽑히기를 원하노라.

Then let me sow, and let another eat; yea, let my offspring be rooted out.
 (중략)

욥 32:1 욥이 자신의 눈에 의로웠으므로 이에 이 세 사람이 그에게 응답하기를 그치니라.
 So these three men ceased to answer Job, because he was righteous in his own eyes.

·하나님께 욥에게 그가 어떤 존재인지 깨우쳐 주셨습니다.
 욥 40:1~5 
1 또 주께서 욥에게 응답하여 이르시되,

Moreover the LORD answered Job, and said,
2 전능자와 다투는 자가 그분을 가르치겠느냐? 하나님을 책망하는 자는 그것에 대답할지니라, 하시니라.
Shall he that contendeth with the Almighty instruct him? he that reproveth God, let him answer it.
3 그때에 욥이 주께 응답하여 이르되,
Then Job answered the LORD, and said,
4 보소서, 나는 비천한 자이오니 내가 주께 무엇을 대답하리이까? 내가 내 손으로 입을 막으리이다.
Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth.
5 내가 한 번 말하였사오나 응답하지 아니하겠나이다. 참으로 두 번 말하였사오나 더 계속하지 아니하겠나이다, 하더라.
Once have I spoken; but I will not answer: yea, twice; but I will proceed no further.

·사람을 의지하지 말아야 합니다.
 사 2:22
 너희는 사람을 의지하지 말라. 그의 숨은 그의 콧구멍에 있나니 어떤 점에서 그를 수에 넣어야 하겠느냐?

Cease ye from man, whose breath is in his nostrils: for wherein is he to be accounted of?

menu